Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

HOUSE TOUR TUESDAY, Summer Vignettes


Warning:  If you are a first time visitor, you should know that 
I  love   the beach

I go every chance I get.  So in my landlocked Kansas home, I use a lot of natural items that remind me of my time by the water.  (If you crave a little more inspiration, you can look here, here, here, and here.  There are lots more posts on this, but I should stop boring you now so you'll read the rest of this one!)

I titled this post, "Summer Vignettes", but some of these items are out all year--I just can't help myself!  A friend was recently over to my house and said, "You should do a blog post of some of these vignettes."  So, here it is...  


The huge float was a gift from a great friend who knows me well!



 This is Charlie the fish.
He frequently eats seasonal items and show up on blog posts.
This time he ate some sea glass and a shell. 



I have two of these corbels from a local antique shop.
I had no idea what I'd do with them when I bought them,
but I had to have them.
Forgot that my starfish needed a perch!



 A seashell swag on an antique iron hall tree!
Another TJ Maxx purchase--love that store.



Shock, another starfish in a lantern!
There are two of them too!
They hang beside an antique cabinet.



This cloche is from the same friend that bought me that large float in the first photo!
It sets on top of my Grandmother's bowed-front china cabinet.



And lastly, here's a little carved fish from TJ Maxx.
I paid $12.99 for it and saw it in an "antique" store for $80!


Yes, there are a couple of trends here.  One, the natural sea elements and second the antiques.  I think they make wonderful housemates.

 
Thanks  for stopping by.
I appreciate each visit and love to read any comments you leave.

Have a wonderful summer week!

  Robin


1 comment:

  1. Robin, I love your pretty beachy decor and your styling is perfect with your unique pieces from TJ Maxx! I can picture Charlie with seasonal decor, what a fun idea! Thanks for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.