Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

HOUSE TOUR TUESDAY, The Guest Bath

This little guest bathroom off of the kitchen has been relatively unchanged for years. ( I should have taken before pictures!  Arghhhh!)  Hard to believe that I would leave anything in my house unchanged that long, but....I did.  Then, after a girls trip to Florida and some inspiration from my favorite decor store there, I came home and started editing my whole house.  Now, I have problems in this arena sometimes, because I like to "see" my collections.  Can you relate?  Then it hit me, I could use some of my overflow in this little bathroom!

The result is that this room went from mostly black accents to sparkly white ones and the change is a big "duh" moment--why didn't I think of this before?  Here is the result...  I just have to admit that I wish I were a better photographer.  Maybe soon....in the meantime, here it is...









This painting is from a "Starving Artists" sale that used to run in Wichita a couple times a year.  It is about 30 years old.  It sat in the basement for many years and I'm surprised I didn't sell it at a garage sale BUT I'm sooo glad I didn't.  Little did I know then that I would fall madly in love with the beach later in my life!





This is a cross-stitch I did about that same time 30 years ago.  It took me a year (I'm not very fast and I had small children) and the whole thing is solid cross-stitching.  I had it custom framed and then dropped it while walking to the car!  The framer knew what happened and redid it no-charge!  A few years ago, I took it apart and spray painted the frame.




Thanks for reading.  Till next time...

Robin



2 comments:

  1. Love your "new" bathroom. Love the beachy theme also, but probably will never enjoy it in my own home now. Too many old pieces to change! But I do enjoy seeing yours, and you know Sarah (grandaughter) has most of her house in that theme now too, a lot thanks to Janet. Love it! Carol Lindberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look you have created! Thanks for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.