Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

BUTTERFLIES & THE KITCHEN

I know, I know, I've been missing in action but I've been using all of my energy being p.a.t.i.e.n.t.  The kitchen did not get the promised doors last week because of a situation completely out of my control (and the control of a few others).  It pretty much looks like a work-in-progress (without a lot of progress the last couple of weeks).  I was at a party this weekend and a family member commented that I've been very patient with the project and I was shocked.  I haven't felt very patient but I am glad I appear that way to loved ones and all of the people helping (doing the work).  

Here's the latest update...


From SW Baguette to SW Pure White go the walls...


Voila!  Presto change O!
(I wish it were that quick!)  But I love the white walls.  It was a scary proposition, but I followed my heart and I'm loving it each time I walk into my messy kitchen.  And...sorry, that is all I have to share about the kitchen.

NOW
You didn't think a lot little frustration with one project would keep me from dreaming about another project or two.  Did you?  Really?

Here's my latest dilemma...


I'm going to trust my instincts on this color choice too.  Which one do you think I'll choose?  This is the little guest bath off of my new Pure White kitchen.  (I know the camera did not pick up the subtle differences.)  The Sea Salt is looking baby blue and the other two look exactly the same BUT they're not...
To be continued...
(always at this house).

AN NOW
For your viewing pleasure, I have some pictures to lift your spirits and make you want to go outside to see if these little buddies are in your neighborhood...
Just take a deep (yoga) breath and enjoy.






These pictures were taken at Botanica's Butterfly House in Wichita, Kansas.  We just stopped by to see what a glorious Fall day was doing in the gardens and were rewarded with these beauties.  The kitchen was a long way from my mind and everything was right in the world (for just a few moments).  Hope these pictures did the same for you.

Thanks for the visit.  Come again soon.  Maybe the kitchen will be done (just kidding, it won't be done, that's just wishful thinking on my part).

Til next time, take a moment to enjoy a change of seasons.
Robin
LINKING UP WITH 
FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
THE CHARM OF HOME
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.