Search This Blog

Friday, September 05, 2014

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

The looooong, sloooooow process of the kitchen remodel is coming along.  Next week I might have doors back on my WHITE cabinets!!!!!  That is the good news.  The other news is now the walls will be painted soon and I'm still stuttering a little about the exact color.  (I know what I want, but other people are questioning my choice so now I am too!  Didn't want you to think I didn't have a plan when this all began!)

But I just snapped a picture and wanted to share just a teaser of what's shaping up in this project...


This is a cabinet that will never be left opened but will be a work-horse in this kitchen.  It will house the microwave, the toaster and various other things yet to be decided.

Here are a few of the decisions that had to be made for just this cabinet...


The upper-cabinet puck lights (hanging by wires in this photo) were a tough installation.  I thought because we had fluorescent lights on top of the old cabinets this would be easy peasy!
...NO WAY...

The carpet in the bedroom above the kitchen was pulled back and holes (I didn't want to see) drilled into the upper floor to get these lights to function properly!  Keep in mind, this is not considered a major kitchen remodel!  (I know I'm using a lot of exclamation points, but I'm trying to make a point here!  Oops, did it again, didn't I?)

Here are my beautiful white, white doors waiting patiently in my garage.
OOOHHH, I hope we don't damage them before they get installed next week.  


Thanks for following along on this project with me.  Writing about it helps my anxiety a little bit (just a little), so I appreciate your visit.  When everything is finished (will it ever be?), I'll post color choices, countertop material, knob selections, handle selections, etc.

If you want information before then, I'll be glad to provide it.  Just drop me an email or comment and I'll try to get back to you in a few days.  I relied on the internet a lot when I had questions about which direction to go with certain materials and would be happy to help anyone in the same situation.

Take care...
Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.