Search This Blog

Thursday, September 03, 2015

THE NEW DECK

An Update:
The deck is finally finished.  Yeah!  The project that was quoted to take two weeks took two months.  Shock, I know...anyone who has done any home reno at all knows this is the way it goes.  We all just pray the vision matches the final reality.  It did.  We are delighted.  The pictures will tell the story in a way no words could.  Here goes...

The Old Deck's Footprint...
 A little crowded at family gatherings


Goodbye old friend...


Gone, gone, gone... 

Expanding the deck meant new footings were needed.
Since we're having concrete poured, we added a little shape to it too!



We decided to add a pitched roof too.


The new deck!!!! 
We only added 4 feet and a new roof, but it feels twice the size of the old deck!
Love the centered stairs.

If I'm not answering my home phone, my IPhone or my doorbell, come around back...
I'm probably here.


We painted the ceiling blue!

My husband wanted this fan and I wasn't too sure about it.  I was wrong.  This fan really moves some air.  It is quiet and it just makes the air feel like the wind is softly blowing.  Perfect for napping on the back porch!

So that is the latest excuse for such a long time between blog posts--that and our daughter's wedding this summer, followed a month later by her reception, followed two days later by our son's move to Nashville.  Lots of wonderful happenings but now the deck is calling me...should I nap or read?  Hmmmmm.....

Thanks for reading and finding this long, lost blog one more time.  I'm not sure when I'll post again...something's got to be worthy of your time and mine.  But I have missed our little chats, so please leave a comment or two.  Til next time...

  Robin



7 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Enjoy your nap/book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect place to have a glass of wine Robin! Enjoy - and I'll be over sometime for a beverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Robin - what an amazing upgrade! Lovin it, lady! Looks GREAT!

    Can't blame you at ALL for wanting as much lounge time back there as time allows! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! So nice for you to enjoy -- NOW DO IT!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.