Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

YUMMY SIMPLE SALAD



Did you think I'd dropped off the face of the earth?  I have just had a hard start to 2015, but I'm back in top form now.  

Wanting to stay as healthy as possible, I'm trying to incorporate lots of veggies and fruits into our diet and last night was a bonanza.  I made a Pinterest recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Curry (recipe here) and then I created this salad as a side dish.  The two recipes were delicious together and I wanted to share my salad recipe with you.  For me, it satisfied my craving for veggies and sweets!  That is a big bonus.




Beet and Kale Salad
1 raw beet, peeled and shredded
a bunch of chopped kale

Dressing
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
salt
pepper
1/3 cup (plus a bit more) Olive Oil

Add the dressing to the beets and kale and enjoy.  It is surprisingly delicious.




If you decide to make it, leave a comment and tell me how you liked (or didn't) it.  I had unexpected guests for lunch today and I served it to them too.  They enjoyed it as much as we did last night.  Enjoy!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.