Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

SOME SMALL PROJECTS

With the kitchen remodel finished and walls in various parts of the house lightened up, the dilemma was whether to put up the same "stuff" or do a some updating (i.e., retiring of some of the accessories).  I decided on a mixture of both.  I loved some of the items and not the others.

Using a Pinterest board for inspiration, it was my turn to paint.  Here is that project...


 I needed this area to coordinate with my living room in a very quiet, understated way. 



Around Halloween, I decided to make a shaggy wreath I had seen on Stonegable with a great tutorial and decided to give it a try.  Let me just say, it was harder than it looked and I'm still not as happy as I wanted to be (that is, Stonegable's is prettier), but...


Then, I looked at my blank chalkboard hanging in my "new" kitchen and drew this...


Finally, here is a before/after of the living room mantle painted white...


So thats what I've been up to lately--that and trying to recover from a long bout of the flu and a very sore left foot.  Thanks for stopping by.  Till next time...

Robin

Linking Up With


10 comments:

  1. Love the fireplace Robin. Hope you are feeling much better today. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is the word.
    Love the wreath.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped by your place and loved your blog. Readers, it is gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. Love the white fireplace! What a statement it mades inn the room. Along with the piano to balance ,,, perfect! Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, you are just my biggest fan and I love you for it. Thanks for the visit. Have Janet bring you by to see it in person.

      Delete
  4. Your mantel looks amazing! I've been planking and painting the space above our fireplace this week. So much work!!

    Your chalkboard is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!! Stopping by from the Cedar Hill Farmhouse party (about a week late, haha). Love what you've done!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.