Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

HOUSE TOUR TUESDAY, Kitchen Remodel Part 3

Yippee Skippee!  It's installation day here on Highpoint Circle and this girl (antique girl) couldn't be happier (I hope).  If you would like to see more on this remodel, look here and here.  Took a little vacay last week with my honey and it could not have come at a better time for both of us.  I was a LITTLE stressed with the remodel delays and my honey was a LITTLE stressed with his work.  So, if you know us at all, we headed to Florida, but of course, not without a little trouble from Delta Airlines cancelling our flight and taking a day of our trip away.  Gotta love flying these days.  BUT, hey, we were headed to Florida and once we got there, aaaaahhhhhh.............

I named these clouds (yes, I do things like that) "The Hand of God".  They looked like His fingers coming out of the gulf.  Spiritual moment...


This is my happy place.  I can stare at the water and meditate for hours.  


Okay, okay, head out of the clouds and back to the kitchen reno.  At least now you know that when my mind wonders, it wonders to the Emerald Coast of Florida.  TMI?

Here's what this area of the kitchen looked like this morning....  Sorry for the lousy picture (like seriously lousy), I know I should of turned off those lights, huh?  Really, soooo sorry!


Then the same space looked like this and I have to say, I liked it!  I understand the whole shelving concept going on in kitchens in a way I never could have before.  I just would not want my stuff exposed all the time.  Maybe other people's houses don't get as dusty as mine. In this house, I would have to dust my dishes before setting the table for each meal!  Noooo thank-you.


Now, it looks like this...  The sides and the doors will have glass and lighting will be added.  Crown molding will be installed between the cabinet and the ceiling  Can you see my vision starting to come to life?  This is scary-time for me--hoping my vision matches reality.

And, because I can NEVER stop decorating, the crown moldings that they took down might just find their way into another room.  Seriously, why waste good product?


Well, they are back and the noise is getting to me, so I'll sign-off for now.  Thanks for stopping by and following along on this remodel with me.  Till next time...

  Robin

Linking Up With


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting!!!!! I love open shelving but like you the upkeep would be a huge pain not to mention it is a chore just keeping the house clean as it is! LOL...It is always nerve racking waiting to see if things will turn out the way you envision. I can't wait to see it though, I know it will be gorgeous!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I love reading them. Hopefully some progress this week!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are in one of my favorite places...Destin. I can't wait to see your new kitchen.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little outside Destin on 30A--my happy place. I can't wait to see my new kitchen either...it's a little slow right now!

      Delete
  3. What a fun space! I love all that space you have in this house. I bet your family loves hanging out down there. such a great home renovations in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.