Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A LITTLE HODGE PODGE

I know, I know, I'm a day late with my post this week.
I am very sorry.

The other bad news is my kitchen project is at a standstill.
It's due to a contractor not making his deadline and
he's unsure when he will make it.
He's making my upper cabinets.

 I'm a tab bit frustrated...

So I thought this week would be a good time to show you a small sampling of things that tickle my fancy.  (And that last statement begs the question, what exactly is a fancy?)


 For the first course, I present...
 Smoked salmon
 The chef at our favorite sushi restaurant always sends us a plate of smoked salmon that he prepares beautifully and it is always, always delicious.  We don't order it, it just comes to our table with his compliments!  He is soooo kind to us.  We love him, of course.

The second course I present is crab...
There is a wonderful FREE app that will turn any photo into a gorgeous watercolor picture.  I just had to share it with you.  It is called WaterlogueGet it now, before they realize they could charge for it!  I took the ordinary picture above, cropped it, and then applied the app on my IPhone and voila!  Here's the beautiful result...
 
For the final course, I wanted to leave you with a gift ('cause you know I love ya!)
 Okay, because I love ya a lot, I'll be generous and give you two...

The back story is, these photos were taken in the bathroom (if you've read this blog any time at all, you know this a bathroom habit of mine, especially when I see something I HAVE to share with you) at the MHK store on the Plaza in Kansas City.  FYI:  This  is a concept store that Hallmark is trying out and since they are based in KC...well, you get the idea.  I love this little store and these beautiful packages were showcasing some of their goods available to purchase.  Gorgeous, huh?  Who doesn't love pretty packages?

Thanks for reading.  I'm sooo glad you stopped by.  Hopefully next week I'll have some kitchen news, even if it is just more frustration but I do understand that is part of any remodel.  I am just so excited to see my ideas become reality.

Enjoy your presents...
I just realized, the next time I talk to you, it will be August.  Oh my!  Let me be the first to wish you a Happy August!


Robin


Linking Up With



1 comment:

  1. Always nice to have our fancy tickled, what ever that is. lol! Little things that make us happy. Nice when it's something as fancy as a pretty package. And yum! I love crab!! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Best of luck with the cabinets.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.