Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

ORGANIZING CHRISTMAS

For those of you who hate Christmas encroaching on Thanksgiving, STOP READING NOW!

BUT, for those of you who need a little extra time to work on projects, like me, here is a post for you!

For the first time ever, I decided to look at my Christmas decorations and see what I needed to get done before the decorating season begins.  This post features one of those projects.  I decided to update a couple of matching wreaths I put inside my double front doors.  I had not redone them in about 15 or 20 years!  Eeeekkk, could that be true?

WARNING #2, this post has a lot of pictures.  I wanted to show all of the details so that the pictures could answer any questions.

Here is one of my inspirations...

It is difficult to get a good picture inside Hobby Lobby.
This wreath is $129.99--I needed two!
Even at 50% off, that was not a possibility.


Here is what my old wreath looked like before the makeover.
Not bad, just boring.  I also wanted it more neutral.


 The undressed wreath


 The goodies that will have another reincarnation


 This was my only trash from both wreaths.  I am frugal.


I sparsely spray painted the wreath white to give it a frosted look.
 The picture doesn't pick up the detail very well.


 I reused the white poinsettias and began putting on the silver ornaments.


Still adding ornaments...



 I took pictures of the wreath in two different lighting conditions to show you.
Here's the first one...


Here's the second situation...


 A close-up view of the reused flowers...not bad for 15-20 years old!


 I spent $20 on this project and saved $110!

For those of you who hate Christmas eclipsing Thanksgiving, THANKS for reading anyway.  For those of you who understand a little organization for a big holiday pays off, I hope I've inspired you.  I appreciate all of my readers and have a sweet little post planned for next week too.  Till then...


Robin

11 comments:

  1. Alas, no Thanksgiving here, so I can think about Christmas! Your wreaths came out great, I really like the idea of using something you already had. I prefer yours to the ones from Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a remarkable job.

    I keep up fall till the day after Thanksgiving, but truly appreciate your amazing look-for-less!

    WELL DONE and thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we just moved a month ago, we sorted through our Christmas Decorations and kept our favorite ones! We are so limited for space to decorate, we will have to work at it, to use what we brought, but it will be fun. A day or 2 after Thanksgiving, we will be anxious to decorate. This retirement thing is sure a blessing, just do what you want if you want to, and rarely a day when you have to! Thanks for your inspiration - love your wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely repurposing of the old wreath. Did you use white spray paint for the poinsettias? I have had tiny bottle brush trees all over the house for a couple of months for my booth. I should do what you are doing and pull out all the Christmas stuff and update the whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from Timewashed, what a pretty wreath, I like it more than the HL one. I am SO anxious to get my Christmas up, so going through and organizing it is a great idea to stall me until after Thanksgiving. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate a first time visitor very much!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE your updated wreath!!
    I need to get organized for Christmas too and do things a bit differently this year.
    We have a new kitty who LOVES sparkly things and will eat ANYTHING.
    'twill be interesting...
    Thanks for sharing. ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wreaths are gorgeous! They are so much prettier than the Hobby Lobby wreath. Can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin, What an artist you are! Your talent and eye for ALL things beautiful is such an inspiration for me. I can't wait to start my holiday decorating now!
    xoxo
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your reworked wreath! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.