Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF 2013!

I hope your New Year's Eve was wonderful and that the new year is off to a relaxing start.  We went to a wine dinner last night and then had my sister and her husband over to play cards and welcome in the year.  It was a relaxing, enjoyable evening.

This morning, we looked out the kitchen window and this was our sight.  Excuse these poor pictures, I had to get them in a hurry (like they would have been better if I'd had time!  Uh, no!)


In every direction we looked, there were Canadian geese flying in.  It was a geese gathering spot!  At one time, we estimated about 300 geese.  Then...


This picture is really blurry (taken with my iphone zoom, through a window), but we notice a strong stirring among the geese.  Then...


Oh, no, why are they leaving en mass?


Then we noticed someone walking toward them.  Bummer!  We enjoyed the show mother nature provided first thing in the new year!

Welcome to 2013.  May the new year hold more joy than you could ever imagine.  

10 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile! I can imagine how beautiful it looked!!!
    I am in Canada too, but in BC!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in Wichita, KS, USA, and these geese come each winter and delight me.

      Delete
  2. Great Captures...love the pictures ! :) Fun post ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the magical moment you captured for us, thank you!
    Happy New Year to you also, I love following your blog, really appreciate all the work it takes!
    Debbie from the Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Canada - what a beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible sight....so glad you were able to capture it :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they come back? Or are they on they way north again?? Here in So. Cal. we have some geese that fly in for the winter and then go home by February 3rd or so.
    Great shots. Thanks
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still in the neighborhood, but they have not come back to my view :(

      Delete
  7. Wow, I had to drive an hour and twenty minutes to see this. You had it in your backyard!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.