Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Nesting

I'm in a nesting sort of mood--tweaking the house, cooking more...gads, I'm even cleaning more.  I have to say, I sort of loving wanting to do these things...it's been a while since I've wanted to and I've missed the "wanting to".  Still following me?  Don't worry if you aren't, I'll move on.

I didn't do much "official" Halloween decorating this year, even though I bought some new stuff at the end of last season.  I just wasn't feeling it this year.  Do you do that in your own home too?  Go all out one year and then not so much the next?  I do and it's kind of like choosing which toys to play with at the time.  Can you relate?


This is one of my favorite inside pictures this Fall.  It just makes me happy to look at the shot and the spot where this is located in my home.









Here's the whole shot.  Unfortunately, the candle sconces are NOT still with us.  One of them took a lethal fall when I cleaned it.  Don't feel too sorry for me, I already have replacement lanterns hanging in this spot that I like better.  Sometimes it is good to break change things up a bit.


I got fancy today and made some peanut butter rice crispy pumpkins to give away.  I had three leftovers from the batch and decided to share them with you!  Enjoy and let me know how you liked them.  You'll have to supply your own coffee.

Good Fall tidings to all of you.  Thanks for the visit--please come again soon.


Linking Up With

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty wreath! Love the mirror shape too. Too bad about the scones, but lucky you already have their replacements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, Robin! Your wreath is beautiful, and I'm literally salivating over that gorgeous mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, it made me smile! Put together with warmth and whimsey, I love your style!
    Thank you,
    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I went all out last year decorating for fall and this year only did a little in the family room and kitchen. I'm happy with it though. I LOVE your wreath and those rice crispy treats look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a warm, welcoming spot, Robin! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invitation. I took you up on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Robin! I love how your wreath looks on that great mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous mirror and I love the wreath, stunning. Beautiful vignette. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your beautiful fall wreath and how you've placed it against the mirror. So pretty! I can relate to the wanting to nest in the fall - it's one of my favorite parts of the season. Fall blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Fall decor is lovely. I especially love the pumpkin on the books. And, the treats look delish! Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've found that the older I get the less I want to decorate... I love your fall picture and is that an old secretary?? Love it too! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #55!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wonderful Fall decor. such a gorgeous piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Robin! You will be one of the features at Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Swing by and pick up a feature button for your blog. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party! See you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SUCH a beautiful wreath. Perfect for my Makati condominiums front door decor. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.