Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Summer Mantle


It's that time of year when the reservations are made for our annual Florida trip and the countdown begins for one of our favorite weeks of the year.   It only seems right that our house starts to resemble the beach--just a little bit.  Each year I try something different on the living room mantle and this year, I had a little help from my friends, by way of gifts and garage sale sleuthing--thanks Stacey.

Meanwhile, other spots throughout the house get doses of the sea too.  I have noted that this seems to be the year Pottery Barn jumped on this beach trend, but we've been doing this for 10 years already.  Maybe Pottery Barn should hire me, ha, ha, ha.

Because my last post was sooooo long, I'll just leave you with the pictures this time.  As, always, thanks for reading, especially with the problems blogger has been having.  Have a great loooong weekend!  Robin


I've linked up with The Lettered Cottage http://theletteredcottage.net/ideas-for-summer
to see hundreds more pictures of mantles for summer and The Faded Charm cottage  http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/











1 comment:

  1. I love the mantle with the shutters, map, and accents you've included. Enjoy your Florida trip! I'm your new follower and would be happy to have you join me over at my blog. If you like vintage quilts, enter the giveaway. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.