Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Something Unexpected...aaahhh!

Sorry to leave you hanging last week, I had to go out of town for work and I didn't take too many electronic devices...strange, I know.  I've been having trouble with my laptop and I recently ran over my cell phone (posted about here) and I don't have everything reloaded, yada, yada, yada.  

But here I am now, when I should be cleaning my house for guests tonight, writing to you 'cause that what I do...adding pressure to my life by my own doing!   In my defense, I just had to write, that's why I'm a blogger.  The compulsion to write is overwhelming sometimes and I just love connecting with the few readers I have.

Hey, I'm giving you a little TMI, so without rambling on right now, let's roll with the pictures.

We came across this furniture grouping on a brief stop while heading to the Denver airport in a small town called Buena Vista, Colorado.  We saw a park, needed a break, the Arkansas River was close and thought we'd walk a bit to get the kinks out.  VOILA!  It was a hot day in Colorado (isn't it everywhere this summer?) and when I touched the furniture(?), it was hot too---cause it's tiled---everything is mosaic!  Stangest furniture I've come across in a while, but I LOVED it.  More of an art display than one would expect in this setting.  SURPRISE! 

Here's a close-up of the seat cushion of the sofa.  So crazily creative, don't you think?  I just loved the whole concept and execution.

Details of the back of the sofa.  Of course, I start thinking, ooohhhh, I've just got to blog about this and then I start wondering if the tile wasn't custom, where the idea came from, what was the inspiration etc...curiosity just peaking everywhere and no one to ask!

The coffee table details...the chest pieces were stationary.

Love this shot with the kayak in the background!  This may be the only time I can write that sentence in a post.

Well, of course, there had to be a footstool too!  Duh...what furniture grouping done in mosaic would be complete without one?  :)


As we went toward the river, here's the signage we found and my heart said a little prayer of thanks for the Rotarians who made this wonderful display possible.  The Rotarians do such wonderful work in the world and if you don't know about their work in erradicating polio in the world, it is a story that will make you weep with gratitude AND they do their good deeds so silently.  I live with one, so I know about this fabulous group of people and I am happy to acknowledge them to you.

Hope you enjoyed this a little bit and I'm awfully glad you stopped by.  


Linking Up With

14 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, I found you through Elizabeth & Co. Love hearing about someone else who is compelled to write. This tiled furniture is so cool! I loved seeing the mountains in the backgroud too. (I'm from Florida. Mountains are magical to me.) Just seeing this reminds me that there are so many creative ways of doing things. I'm glad you posted it. I'm your new follower. Hope you'll stop over to Quirky Vistas for a visit and follow if you like!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such fun, and very clever. The setting is so pretty too. I enjoy seeing quirky things like this. Funnily enough, my most recent post was about tiles, but put to a very different use.
    I like the idea behind the rotary club project, and I hope it encourages responsible dog owners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and functional art display in the park and thanks for telling us know the Rotary Club. I've often heard of it, but never knew of it's good works.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics of the furniture was so cool and creative! It doesnt look the most comfortable but the artistic part of it more than makes up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is really some crazy furniture....I have never seen anything like it...how fun!!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat stuff--had no idea it was tile until I read further. Thanks for linking to STL Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm glad you shared this. When I first glanced at the picture I thought it was an ordinary patio set. The detail is amazing; so intricate. It sure doesn't look to comfy, but what the heck...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. I have been there many, many times. Isn't it lovely??
    We are from Michigan, but spend some time in Buena Vista each year. I have looked & looked at those pieces, wondering if I could do that. BUT in Mi. our winters would never let it survive. Our sons are kayakers & that is where the play park is, so some beer from the nearby brewery for husband, a good book for me & we sit there & wait. & it is not hot to sit on, in the spring... : )
    Thanks for sharing... loved seeing it again...
    (Stopping by from MMS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mosaic furniture really is a wow. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so unique! Thank you for sharing it at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely little spot! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.