Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Bits of Christmas

As I was looking around the house today, still not doing my shopping, I took special note of some spots where the spirit of Christmas touched my heart.  This pot of gorgeous white poinsettias was a gift from loving friends when my heart was aching.  I adore them, they remind me of the love of three wonderful friends who reached out with a loving touch.

This was a June birthday gift from my sister and a dear friend.  Both of them went out of their way to surprise me on my birthday with a handmade cross-stitch that I had admired last Christmas at my friend's house.  I smile in my heart knowing such care and thought went into this very special gift.

This little snowman use to adorn my old white fridge.  When the new stainless fridge came to our house, I wondered how I would incorporate this little guy in my decorating for Christmas.  He now resides in the most frequented bathroom in the house on a magnetic board I made this summer.

This is a paperback book turned Christmas tree!  I made it a few weeks ago by folding and folding and folding....

This is a cross-stitch I did about 25 years ago and I still smile each year when I take it out.  Hope you smile when you see it too.

I pray you have time to smile in your heart this season.  I hope you can find a reason for joy.  Robin

Check Out These Great Blogs

15 comments:

  1. What lovely things you have shared with us. The paperback book Christmas Tree is brilliant! Such a clever way to keep your snowman, and your cross-stitch looks perfect. From the gifts you have received I would say you have some very thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great decorations you have. I love the tinsel saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the paper christmas tree. I have been inspired by the paper ornaments this year. thanks for sharing. What a beautiful place you have here. I will follow on my way out so I know my path back to your door. I am sure I will spend a lot of time looking around. I hope you will find the time to come by my place for a visit and follow if you will. Take care. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin ~ your treasurers are beautiful! I love the cross stitch you did...pretty much says it all. Thanks for sharing and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful Christmas decorations. I love that each one has a story. Makes the memories live on in each one. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin, just wonderful. I love them all but especially the snowman hat picture. That is awesome!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traveling by way of 4's from Liz's Time Travel Thursday. 4's b/c my link is #74. I really should copy and paste these first two sentences! Anyway, lovely post and some lovely items. The snowman is a really neat idea. Also, I'm sorry to hear that your heart was aching. I hope you're doing better through whatever brought your heart that ache. I had to stop and pray for you as I typed the previous period to the sentence. Take care, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't those book trees neat? My mother used to make Christmas angels like that way back in the day! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am visiting from BNOTP- I saw the book tree and was intrigued because I made several like them last year out of magazines- the only difference is you fold the bottom piece on each sheet into itself, that way the tree stands on its own! Love it! Love, ~ Nana~

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite is the snowman. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the great things about Christmas are the memories our decorations remind us of each year...who gave them to us, when we made them or the kids made them. Reminders of good times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tinsel x-stitch. So great for reminding us to slow down and enjoy the season. What a precious gift and keepsake.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Robin, I just love cross-stitch and did a lot of it myself about that same time ago. Just little projects, but it was my relaxing escape time. Your Christmas touches are beautiful, the snowman framed is such a great idea. Thanks so much for linking up for the party! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cross stitch pieces done by you and the one you got as a gift... they are lovely !!! The paperback Christmas tree looks very beautiful and perfect !!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.