Today was a coolish Fall day with temperatures falling and mist blowing across the backyard. The church was short four dozen cookies for a Saturday function and these were the result of what I had on hand--someone(s) had eaten most of my chocolate chips!
· 1/2 cup canola oil
· 1/2 cup margarine
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 1 cup white sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
· 11/2 cup rolled oats
· 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the canola oil, margarine, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the cornflakes cereal, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yields 4-5 dozen crispy cookies.
Calories: 113 | Total Fat: 5.6g | Cholesterol: 9mg
The original recipe called for 1 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup walnuts--I omitted the nuts and added 1/2 cup of oats.
Linking up with these great blogs
Thrifty Thursday at Tales from Bloggeritaville