Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

A Little Fall Diversion

I certainly love Fall--it is my favorite season.  BUT, I thought a nice little house tour might be nice right about now. 

I attended a National Propane Gas Association session in Kansas City for four days and had a little time to explore parts of the city I'd never seen before, as well as spending time with friends from all over the country and seeing family.  It was more fun than it should have been and I tried to capture bits and pieces to share with you.

Here's a wonderful home that had an open house on Saturday.  The agent gave permission for me to photograph a few pictures.  Here they are.

That gorgeous, original leaded glass, entry.  WOW!


A close-up of one of the sidelight panels.


The front door.


What an amoire. 
Some trendsetters think these are outdated...not me. 
I'd take one of these in a heartbeat. 
How about you?  What are your thoughts about these wonderful relics of the past?

I didn't get a good shot of this house from the street, but I have a couple of neighbor's houses that are worth oogling.


This house was going to have a party...the side yard was set with tables and place settings ready for guests.

Can you imagine living among these gorgeous houses?  I appreciate the people who preserve them and deal with the problems of living in an historical home.  My house is twenty years old and presents enough caretaking.

That's today's post.  Thanks for reading and following me on my journey of blogging.  Lots more to come.  Robin

Parties I'm Attending--You're Invited Too!

2 comments:

  1. Love those pictures of the homes. Just lovely and the armoire is beautiful.

    Thank you,

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful houses. Thanks for taking us along on the tour and for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.