Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Longing for Florida


My soul is full of longing
For the secret of the sea,
And the heart of the great ocean
Sends a thrilling pulse through me."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~


This is a balm for my soul, to see my husband relax--it makes me relax.


A child napping on the beach just makes me smile.  When he awoke, I wanted to built sandcastles with him, but I didn't.



This is our planet's worse nightmare.  It was just a year ago that terrible oil spill happened.  What has it done this past year to the health of the planet--not just my favorite beach?  I had already forgotten...

2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. It makes we want to sit on a beach and read a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Please come and visit northern Michigan the beaches are just as pretty, Lake Michigan is unsalted, no shark and thankfully no oil spills. You are right our planet's worse nightmare, I hope that never happens on the Great Lakes. Thanks for sharing, Mom from Cottage and Broome.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and appreciate the time you take to leave one.